Tuesday 4 January 2011

My starstruck phone call results in Freestyle with NCL

Several days ago, I answered the phone to a client who was new to cruise and looking to make a booking and seek some advice. We were looking at 2 cabins for a group of 5 people and the gentlemen was considering P&O cruises on a carribbean itinerary and asked my opinion. Initally I discussed P&O cruises with him and we were having a great conversation and I really got the feeling that this guy thought I was giving him great information. Delving a little deeper with my questions, (I like to ask all my clients lots of questions to make sure I am finding them the right cruise!) I realised that  P&O wouldn't be suitable due to the limited dates the customer could travel. We were looking at a Caribbean cruise for around 9 nights. P&O cruises were at the time only offering 14 night voyages around the caribbean for the time we were looking at. The customer mentioned that there were a group of ages in this group and we need something for everyone, and whilst they were looking for something of very high quality- a relaxed atmosphere would be preference.



This is when I suggest... "What about NCL, Norweigan Cruise Line for you there sir?"
" I have never heard of them he replied"
So, I explained the innovative "FREESTYLE" concept that NCL pride themselves on, dine when you want, party when you want, and relax when you want- They have such a chilled atmosphere onboard and the quality of facilities and food is top notch. Most definitely in line with those more well known American cruise lines such as Carnival and Royal Caribbean and the conversation continued to flow as we discussed the cruise further....

Now this is where I am star struck as the customer very quietly slips in the little anecdote, "I used to work for Sky Travel you see, Ben"

"OH MY GOD, I KNOW YOU!" the office heard my scream as I thought straight away- this voice sounds very familiar. As a student, I had a little obsession with travel channels and used to watch them before college, before I worked in the industry. I am very lucky to have been blessed with what I believe to be a photographic memory and I gained a lot of my knowledge on worldwide destinations from watching these programmes and then when I visited them, knowing what was best to see and do there!

This is a big moment for me and I have become very star struck indeed, post discussing colleagues who now have quite high profile television jobs and the customer, very modestly telling me his success in the television industry.

Well we have spoke a lot over the past days and now the customer is all booked up and ready to experience "Freestyle Cruising" one of my, personal favourite products and I am pleased to say I have looked after our famous guest.

You don't have to be a celebrity  however, to get great service from Ben.

Call me direct for your perfect cruise...0800 408 6156

No comments:

Post a Comment